Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Arrival!!!

Its hard to believe but I am here. The plane ride was incredibly long -- 10.5 hours -- even worse, we sat on the tarmac at San Francisco for an hour, because according to our Pilot Air Control "lost" our flight plan. ummm.... yah. =-)

I had a window seat, which was good and bad -- good because i could take pictures, and bad because I was crammed into the smallest imaginable seat!! Even worse, I was sitting next to a really nice old Japanese couple. This was bad because I had to inconvenience them every time I had to get up to go to the ladies room! I wouldn't have felt bad if it were some of my colleagues.

The flight was long -- REALLY long. You don't really know how long 10 hours is until you have to stay in the same spot and not move! Try it some time -- you'll know what i mean!

Once we arrived, guess what? We had a two hour bus ride into Tokyo!!! Wow -- I literally felt like I was travelling for 24 hours. It wasn't that bad, but I don't think I've ever traveled for that many hours in a row -- ever!'

We finally arrived at our hotel, got checked in, then met up with former Fullbrighters who would be our "hosts" for the evening. Their job was to take us to enjoy some of the local night life and food.

No comments: