Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Speaking Japanese -- LESSON ONE from MOM!!

Ok -- so here are the phrases that came in REALLY handy today:

to-i-de doko desuka? (where is the bathroom!)

Ohio Gozaimas (good morning politely)

Arigato Gozaimas (thank you politely)

Koreuwa ikura desuka (how much does this cost?)

SumimaseN (excuse me)


Now I need to learn to say, "how do you say ________ in Japanese"


I haven't had a chance to say it yet, but I've looking for a chance to say:

hajime mashite (how do you do)


Maybe tomorrow!

2 comments:

Aaron Betts said...

Wow - looks like it is an amazing experience. Kind of reminds you that what we consider "japanese" food really isn't. Have you seen any Romen shops?

Anastasia_Betts said...

no -- no Ramen shops yet. Most places do serve soba noodles though. I know there are ramen shops around here, we've just only had the one opportunity to have a meal on our own and that was with the Host person. I think that from now on most nights we are on our own to explore and find dinner.